Saturday 20 February 2016

Filth never looked so good!


Let me give you the low down on acrylic nails. Don’t be fooled by these beauties. They look good enough to eat, but they must rank among the worst habitats for germs. They are quite inconvenient too! You can hardly perform even the simplest chores with these nails. I’ve had people get really frustrated with me at till points as I try to pick a coin from the shelf. It’s a real chore! I also used to struggle with typing on my touchscreen phone until I saw another woman with her own set of bright-coloured artificial nails using her knuckles. Brilliant!
I don’t think acrylic nails are meant for people like myself – people who do their own household errands like change diapers, apply bum cream, apply floor polish, do laundry by hand, bake scones (an absolute nightmare!). Things get inside the fake nails and you’re always digging them out. It’s real hard labour.
I visited my parents during the festive season and there was no electricity. I  had just got my nails done in order to look good at Christmas. We had to cook outside on the fire. The nails were not happy, neither was I. They started breaking and discoloured. I ended up regretting getting them done because I don’t know how to remove them at home. I would have had to go to a salon to get that done. Needless to say, I won’t be getting them done anytime soon. They are a lovely beauty accessory, but they are just not meant for me. Maybe they are for the likes of Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Oprah Winfrey who don’t necessarily need to lift a finger to perform manual labour around the home. If I have to attend an important function, I might have them done but would need to have them removed shortly afterwards to avoid inconvenience. That, however, would not make sense because I pay about R150 to get them done, and I sit for not less than one-ahd-half hours while I'm at it. All that only to go back again to pay to have them removed? What a waste of money in these times of drought and many people are starving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment