Monday 12 January 2015

My visit to wowsome Ngwenya Glass



I have always loved handicrafts and was really inspired when I visited Ngwenya Glass in Swaziland. Visitors get the opportunity to see glass being blown to various shapes. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to witness this as I visited on a Saturday and the factory was closed.  I love trinkets, and Ngwenya Glass is flooded with them. I was not able to buy anything as I was in the company of my husband, you know the deal L.
There are other crafts shops that sell non-glass items. I’m a tree-hugger and I was enthralled by one shop that had jewelry made from glossy magazine pages hardened by vanish paint. I thought everything there was really unique, though I don’t think I would want to wear any of it. Nothing really screamed my name. I do very good cross stitch, even if I say so myself, and the crafts I saw made me want to revive my hobby. Watch this space and you will see what I can do. Enjoy the pics!



























No comments:

Post a Comment