Saturday 30 January 2016

My ghost story

The exact spot where we saw what we thought was a ghost
One night, in 2007, my son’s temperature suddenly soared. I gave him something cold to drink and some paracetamol but both didn’t help much. We decided to take him to a 24-hour clinic a few kilometres from home. Just as we approached the main road after Letombo Spar, Harare, I saw a woman in a long yellow skirt walking in the middle of the road. At first I wasn’t sure what was odd about her, apart from the fact that it was around 2am and she was walking all alone on the road. Then I noticed her gait. It was like she was gliding. There was no movement on or from her feet but she was going forward. When we took the right turn towards town, I observed that she was unperturbed. It was like she did not even hear or see that a car was coming her way, she just kept walking in the middle of the road. I had goosebumps on my arms and felt like there was another peculiar, unwelcome presence.

I didn’t say anything to my husband about my observations, but after our son had been treated and admitted for observation, I asked him if he had seen or experienced anything odd on our way to the clinic. He said he had seen the woman at the Letombo Park robots, and that after we had passed her, he checked in the rearview mirror and saw nothing. Poof, she had disappeared just like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment