Friday 5 December 2014

The Blame Game Gets Us Nowhere



* This is my friend's take on cheating. He told me, in another conversation, that he decided to hang on to his innocence until he left university. I want to clone him :)

By Peace

I have purposed it in my heart to take up the challenge of being faithful. Cheating and sleeping around are the easiest things to do. Men who never cheated or played around in their teen years are vulnerable. I know I am.
It’s just like a kid who grew up without toys and played with bricks. When a bit grown up, toys still are fascinating. I guess it’s just that fallacy that to be a straight man you must have played the field, especially during college years or after. Also, wrong company corrupts! Temptation, on the other hand, is thrown at our faces every day! So much are the allurements such that to be triumphant one ought to have had purposed it in their heart for a long time.
After all is said and done, everything we do is by choice, even under the jaws of the most seductive woman, one still makes a choice. Truly, however one may go to the moon and back, sex is sex and even more fulfilling under the confines of marriage. The stolen cookie oft times presents pseudo euphoria and this is what many go for. I like the Shona adage akarumwa nechekuchera (the English equivalent would be “he dug his own grave”), sad that is what claims the lives of many. The blame game never gets us anywhere! I had wayward friends and you would know I never clubbed or slept around. I made a choice. I had to run away. I became an extremist in the eyes of my friends, but I told them that it’s a choice an individual takes. Yes, in your eyes I’m an extremist, but in my eyes I’ve just taken a decision just as I want pizza today. Many people blame the morals of other people for their own folly instead of crafting their own rules. Being Christian also made me cement what I purpose in my heart.  Being faithful is an empowerment to love and a sure way to developing a legacy that would transcend many generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment